Can I swim whilst wearing a LimbO?
General medical advice is that swimming or similar vigorous water activities (e.g. water slides) should be avoided during the healing process and it might be a good idea to consult a medical practitioner if you have any doubts or questions regarding this.
However, you can use your LimbO for gentle submersion in a swimming pool, i.e. paddling or ‘splashing around’, given that you follow these safety guidelines:
- Activities such as wading/paddling should only be done within one’s depth
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Never enter a pool unaccompanied
- Never use the LimbO as a flotation device
- Do not attempt to use the LimbO in recreational activities
The LimbO can also be used in hydrotherapy as part of a medically-approved treatment. It can also be used in a hot tub, but for no longer than 10 minutes at a time as the heat will cause a faster build-up of condensation inside the LimbO.
Full leg casts can be heavy and severely restrict movement, therefore for safety reasons it is recommended not to go in a pool or the sea.
The LimbO should not be worn for longer than 25 minutes at a time because condensation can begin to build up inside the LimbO as it is completely sealed.